1. Anyone at Five-O calls anyone else "bruddah:" SIP. 2. McGarrett calls his assistants "gentlemen:" SIP. 3. McGarrett refers to his secretary Jennie by name: SIP. 4. McGarrett calls the Governor "Sir:" SIP. 5. McGarrett calls Danny Williams "Dan-O:" CHUG. 6. Anyone says "aloha:" SIP. 7. Anyone says "mahalo:" CHUG.
8. McGarrett hangs up on someone without saying "goodbye:" SIP. 9. The number of Five-O people standing around listening in McGarrett's office exceeds three: SIP. 10. McGarrett brings a chalk board, easel, or poster board into his office to help unravel the crime: CHUG. 11. Anyone asks to be "patched through" to anyone else: SIP. 12. McGarrett asks to be "patched through" to anyone else: CHUG.
13. Five-O conducts an illegal search: SIP. 14. Five-O detains anyone illegally: SIP. 15. Five-O questions anyone without notifying them of their Miranda rights: SIP. 16. McGarrett tells anyone he's "just a cop; not the judge and jury:" CHUG.
17. McGarrett wears a suit with lapels more than four inches wide: SIP. 18. McGarrett wears a tie with a knot more than two inches across: SIP. 19. Anyone from Five-O wears a loud Hawiian shirt: SIP. 20. Any woman wears a mumu: SIP. 21. McGarrett wears a leisure suit. CHUG.
22. McGarrett arrives at the scene of the crime, asks Danny or Chin Ho, "What have you got?": SIP. 23. Chin Ho puts his pipe in his mouth: SIP. 24. McGarrett goes to the Governor's office: SIP. 25. McGarrett goes to Che Fong's lab: SIP. 26. Someone from Five-O tails a suspect unnoticed from a discrete distance of one car-length: CHUG. 27. Someone from Five-O keeps a suspect under surveilance unnoticed by sitting ten feet away reading a newspaper: CHUG. 28. The sound of squealing tires is dubbed in for a car driving on the beach: CHUG.
29. McGarrett mocks a feminist woman: SIP. 30. McGarrett mocks a feminist woman and later tries to score with her: CHUG. 31. McGarrett lectures on the dangers of a free press: CHUG. 32. McGarrett lectures about drugs: CHUG. 33. Anyone offers McGarrett a drink and he says "I don't use alcohol:" CHUG. 34. Anyone disagrees McGarrett and then gets the smug treatment later when McGarrett turns out to be right: CHUG. 35. McGarrett arrests some nobody who's technically broken some law but clearly isn't a criminal- type, and says, "I don't make deals:" CHUG.
36. Anyone dies by falling/being thrown off a cliff into the ocean: SIP. 37. The villain is a Mafiosa: SIP. 38. The villain is an amateur who is in it for the thrills and gets lectured about morality by McGarrett after being apprehended: CHUG. 39. The villain is Wo Fat [Khigh Dheigh]: SIP. 40. The villain is L. A. Filer [Hume Cronyn]: CHUG.
41. The guest star was unknown but became a popular film, television, or recording star in the 1980's or 1990's: SIP. 42. The guest star was a film, television, or recording star from the 1950's or 1960s on the skids: CHUG. 43. The guest star is William Shatner, Paul Williams, or Helen Hayes: CHUG. 44. Any guest star gets to sing: CHUG.
45. Someone from Five-O saves someone about to fall/ be thrown off a cliff into the ocean, at the last possible minute: SIP. 46. McGarrett himself shoots/captures the villain at the end of the episode: SIP. 47. McGarrett helps a woman back to his car with his arm around her waist at the end of the episode: CHUG. 48. McGarrett says "Book 'em:" SIP. 49. McGarrett says "Book 'em" and specifies the charges: CHUG. 50. McGarrett gives steely-jawed grin as lock of hair falls across his squinty eyes: CHUG.
Go back to Hawaii Five-O page!